The ADI program goal is to address the high rates of diabetes and its complications and provide First Nations with opportunities to design, develop, and participate in the project to address diabetes within their communities.
The ADI program objectives and activities are:
- To raise awareness of diabetes, its risk factors and the value of healthy lifestyle practices.
- To support the development of a culturally appropriate approach to care and treatment, diabetes prevention and health promotion and lifestyle support.
- To build capacity, linkages for all components of the ADI in First Nation communities;
- To promote effective self-management of diabetes.
- To provide Diabetes education and awareness through workshops and presentations for school age children and the members of the communities.
- Chiropodist services.
- Nutrition Counselling.
- Group, school and one-on-one counselling.
- Distribution of resources such as printed materials and self learning educational aids.
See our Events Calendar for up coming events in your community!